If I absolutely HAVE to name the one luxurious thing I can’t live without, it would have to be 400 thread-count white bed linen! This my very best thing, hands down.Better than jewels or a good cup of coffee in the morning. I find that since I threw out my old polyester sheets and bought new Egyptian cotton bed sheets and pillow cases, sleep is so much deeper, warmer, more relaxed. And that is almost Byzantine luxury in this stressful world.
To my amazement and delight I have been nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award by my new friend Lynne Mayhew of On the Go with Lynne. I have to say I am honoured as a new and shiny blogger to be thus recognised ! Thank you so much Travelerlynne, I have been so encouraged by your kind comments. I appreciate your support and am thrilled to be nominated for this award by a fellow blogger!
As part of the rules of the award we need to tell you seven things about me:
1. The most important thing about me is that I love and trust God. Without Him, I would be nothing. He met me when my life was in a tailspin and He set my feet on a Rock!
2.I love my family and I love having them all under my roof as they are at the moment. They are adults, one is married and I appreciate these fleeting times with them all around the dinner table together, having interesting discussions about any and everything. Also hanging out with my only daughter is very special and I treasure the times we have together.
3. I love laughing, I love funny movies, funny stories, funny situations. And the funny side of life. Laughter is good for the soul and I’m told it massages the insides, so I do it often.
4. I have called my blog Booksdefineme for a reason, because Book Define Me! I love reading and I love writing and I am so glad I was recently introduced to blogging.
5. I enjoy travelling. We as a family have criss-crossed our homeland, South Africa. And I have travelled in Israel and Egypt and quite a bit in Europe over the years. But those were mere tastes of what the world holds. It’s all out there, waiting for me.
6. I was given a beautiful camera in 2006, and since then I have probably taken thousands of photographs of people, places and things. The changing seasons the beautiful countries and cities I’ve been privileged to see, all recorded and hoarded. And many of my photos have been taken at 120kms per hour from the car! Some of those actually came out quite well, considering!
7. Although my home is full of second hand everything, and all my married life I have sacrificed so much to raise my children, now at 67 one of my few indulgences is high thread-count cotton sheets. They have become my new best friend. I love the luxurious feeling of slipping between delicious thick crunchy cotton sheets when I get into bed at night. I’m sure I sleep better too!
Here are my nominees for the Lovely Blog Award: (in no particular order)